Today we are happy to present you on our blog, the second recipe of the talented Ketty Bonomo (kettycucinooggi on instagram).
Madeleines with a red Bagnetto, are small shells, soft and irresistible.
Well, today I want to present the savoury version of Proust’s favourite sweet madeleines, versatile and quick to prepare, I assure you that once baked they will be a hit.
The savoury madeleines are made with Btaly’s red bagnetto sauce, some grated Parmesan cheese and bacon.
They are perfect to enrich the bread basket, very soft and light, and excellent for a buffet, an aperitif or simply for a picnic.
What is red Bagnetto sauce?
It is a red sauce made with tomatoes, peppers, onions and spices, it is part of the Piedmontese tradition, excellent to accompany meats such as boiled meat.
If you want, it can also be served with tomini and cheese. Today, in fact, I prepared a delicious appetizer with madeleines, using fresh goat cheese.
I started working with Btaly because they have the best of Italian food and wine under the Top-Quality Italian Products brand.
An exclusive selection of artisanal products, authentic Italian specialities directly from the small producers that make our country great.
If you’re intrigued by this recipe, visit her blog https://www.kettycucinooggi.com/ or her Instagram page (kettycucinooggi) where you’ll find lots of other great recipes and dishes.
SAVOURY MADELEINES IN A RED BAGNETTO: THE RECIPE
- Place the flour and sifted baking powder in a bowl.
- We chop the bacon with a half moon.
- In another bowl we mix the eggs, the red Bagnetto sauce, the grated cheese and finally the bacon.
- We incorporate the flour, add the melted butter and the oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put the mixture into a pastry bag and fill the shell-shaped mould.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180° for 15 minutes.
- our madeleines are ready to be eaten with an aperitif.